Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Herniated Discs
What Is Herniated Discs?
Herniated Discs - Basics
A disc is a soft material that acts as a cushion between the 26 vertebrae that make up the spine. A herniated disc occurs when one of these discs becomes displaced from the spine or ruptures, often creating pressure that presses against spinal nerves and produces severe pain. A herniated disc can occur in any part of the spine and can be the result of an acute injury or aging. Symptoms of a herniated disc include sharp pain that radiates to the limbs, numbness, tingling sensation and muscle spasms.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Herniated Discs.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Herniated Discs Is Discussed
- What is Cupping...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Herniated Discs?
Herniated Discs - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for herniated discs that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with herniated discs:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about herniated discs? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Nasal polyps by using sanitizer
- lymphatic benign tumor
- Auto immune disease- Pemphigus vulgaris
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery