Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Herniated Discs
What Is Herniated Discs?
Herniated Discs - Basics
A disc is a soft material that acts as a cushion between the 26 vertebrae that make up the spine. A herniated disc occurs when one of these discs becomes displaced from the spine or ruptures, often creating pressure that presses against spinal nerves and produces severe pain. A herniated disc can occur in any part of the spine and can be the result of an acute injury or aging. Symptoms of a herniated disc include sharp pain that radiates to the limbs, numbness, tingling sensation and muscle spasms.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Herniated Discs.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Herniated Discs Is Discussed
- What is Cupping...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Herniated Discs?
Herniated Discs - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for herniated discs that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with herniated discs:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about herniated discs? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)