Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)
What Is Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Basics
A hiatal hernia occurs when the stomach and LES (a valve-like muscle that separates the esophagus and the stomach) move above the diaphragm. Although a hiatal hernia often has no symptoms, the condition makes an individual more susceptible to acid reflux. A hiatal hernia can develop in otherwise healthy people of any age or can be congenital.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hiatal hernia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia