Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)
What Is Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Basics
A hiatal hernia occurs when the stomach and LES (a valve-like muscle that separates the esophagus and the stomach) move above the diaphragm. Although a hiatal hernia often has no symptoms, the condition makes an individual more susceptible to acid reflux. A hiatal hernia can develop in otherwise healthy people of any age or can be congenital.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hiatal hernia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps