Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)
What Is Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Basics
A hiatal hernia occurs when the stomach and LES (a valve-like muscle that separates the esophagus and the stomach) move above the diaphragm. Although a hiatal hernia often has no symptoms, the condition makes an individual more susceptible to acid reflux. A hiatal hernia can develop in otherwise healthy people of any age or can be congenital.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hiatal hernia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points