Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)
What Is Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Basics
A hiatal hernia occurs when the stomach and LES (a valve-like muscle that separates the esophagus and the stomach) move above the diaphragm. Although a hiatal hernia often has no symptoms, the condition makes an individual more susceptible to acid reflux. A hiatal hernia can develop in otherwise healthy people of any age or can be congenital.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hiatal hernia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia)?
Hiatal Hernia (Hiatus Hernia) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiatal hernia (hiatus hernia)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Corona Virus and western medicine
- Varicocele grade 3
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge