Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hiccups
What Patterns Are Related To Hiccups?
Hiccups - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hiccups generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hiccups:Stomach ColdStomach FireStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hiccups Is Discussed
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hiccups?
Hiccups - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiccups that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiccups:
6 Points Are Empirically Important For Hiccups
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Hiccups
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hiccups
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hiccups
Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan (Blood Stasis Relief Pills)
- Qi and Blood stagnation - pain, cardiovascular issues, physical organ issues.
- Coronary artery disease, angina and other cardiovascular issues.
- Hepatitis and other liver function issues.
- Migraines, headaches, neuralgia from most causes.
- A range of menstrual issues including dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids - particularly with pain and/or bleeding.
- Certain diagnostic types of psychological illness, schizophrenia, bipolar, chronic depression, etc.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Use only under direction if you are taking blood thinners.
- Generally not for long term use.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiccups? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums