Clinical Information For the Treatment Of HIV - AIDS
What Is HIV - AIDS?
HIV - AIDS - Basics
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is the last stage of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), an infection which causes the destruction of white blood cells vital to the body's immune system. In individuals with HIV, the infection attacks the body's CD4+ T-cells, a type of white blood cell that helps fight off infection. As HIV progresses, the immune system weakens and becomes increasingly vulnerable to infection. When an individual has a critically low number of CD4+ cells and has one or more opportunistic infections, he or she is diagnosed with AIDS.
In the early stages of HIV, an individual may experience flu-like symptoms, such as fever, headache and fatigue. Later symptoms include swelling of the lymph glands, unexplained fever, weight loss, night sweats, prolonged diarrhea, pneumonia and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for AIDS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To HIV - AIDS?
HIV - AIDS - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiv - aids that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiv - aids:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiv - aids? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums