Clinical Information For the Treatment Of HIV - AIDS
What Is HIV - AIDS?
HIV - AIDS - Basics
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is the last stage of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), an infection which causes the destruction of white blood cells vital to the body's immune system. In individuals with HIV, the infection attacks the body's CD4+ T-cells, a type of white blood cell that helps fight off infection. As HIV progresses, the immune system weakens and becomes increasingly vulnerable to infection. When an individual has a critically low number of CD4+ cells and has one or more opportunistic infections, he or she is diagnosed with AIDS.
In the early stages of HIV, an individual may experience flu-like symptoms, such as fever, headache and fatigue. Later symptoms include swelling of the lymph glands, unexplained fever, weight loss, night sweats, prolonged diarrhea, pneumonia and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for AIDS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To HIV - AIDS?
HIV - AIDS - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hiv - aids that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hiv - aids:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hiv - aids? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums