Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hives
What Is Hives?
Hives - Basics
Hives occur when the body reacts to an allergen, stress, infection or other triggers by releasing a chemical that causes the skin to swell, itch and produce red bumps. Generally, hives go away on their own, however, some individuals suffer from chronic hive outbreaks, or chronic urticaria.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hives.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hives Is Discussed
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hives?
Hives - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hives that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hives:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hives? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums