Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hives
What Is Hives?
Hives - Basics
Hives occur when the body reacts to an allergen, stress, infection or other triggers by releasing a chemical that causes the skin to swell, itch and produce red bumps. Generally, hives go away on their own, however, some individuals suffer from chronic hive outbreaks, or chronic urticaria.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hives.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hives Is Discussed
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hives?
Hives - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hives that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hives:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hives? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia