Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hot Flashes
What Is Hot Flashes?
Hot Flashes - Basics
A hot flash is a sudden feeling of heat on the body that induces excessive sweating, flushing, appearance of red blotches on the skin and mild to severe discomfort. A hot flash can strike at any time of day, including while sleeping, and can last from a few seconds to several minutes or longer. Following an attack, as the body temperature readjusts to normal, an individual might experience chills. Hot flashes are one of the most common and earliest symptoms of menopause in women. From their onset, hot flashes generally go away on their own after less than two years; however, some women experience them for 5 years or longer.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hot flashes.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hot Flashes Is Discussed
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Leg and Feet Acupressure Points
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- My Kidneys Are What?
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hot Flashes?
Hot Flashes - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hot flashes that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hot flashes:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Hot Flashes
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hot Flashes
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hot Flashes
Er Xian Wan (Two Immortal Decoction)
- Kidney Yin and Kidney Yang deficiencies with Empty Heat - hormonal issues such as menopause (possibly w/hypertension), amenorrhea, hot flashes along with associated symptoms of fatigue, depression, insomnia, nervousness and more.
- Infertility with appropriate underlying factors, particularly when arising with amenorrhea or irregular menstruation.
- Aplastic anemia.
Geng Nian An Wan (Peaceful Menopause)
- Menopause symtpoms including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, restlessness and anxiety as a result of yin deficiency.
- Can be used for other yin deficient symtpoms such as tinnitus, dry skin, and lightheadedness.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Do not use if patient presents with true heat or exterior heat.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hot flashes? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Inflammed cracked calloused feet
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux