Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hyperthyroidism
What Is Hyperthyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism - Basics
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. These hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, control many of the body's functions and when too much is present in the blood, it can cause weight loss, irritability, hand tremors, mood swings, fatigue, and other symptoms.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hyperthyroidism.
What Patterns Are Related To Hyperthyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hyperthyroidism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hyperthyroidism:Heart Yin DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver FireLiver Qi StagnationLiver Yang RisingLiver Yin DeficiencyPhlegm Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Hyperthyroidism
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hyperthyroidism
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hyperthyroidism
Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula)
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Da Bu Yin Wan (Great Tonify the Yin Pill)
- Steaming bone syndrome - sensation of intense heat, malar flushing, spontaneous sweating.
- Palpitations, anxiety, insomnia, hot flashes, from kidney/heart yin deficiency.
- Tinnitus, possible vertigo, irritability, restlessness from liver fire rising.
Do not use if patient presents with flu or cold symptoms.
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia)
- Dizziness, tinnitus, possibly vertigo as a result of kidney and liver yin deficiency.
- Insomnia especially with night sweats, hot flashes, irritability.
- Spontaneous/nocturnal emissions.
- Menopause related symptoms including cardiovascular issues, bone health, etc. when arising from yin deficiency.
- Use with caution in patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hyperthyroidism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Nasal polyps by using sanitizer
- lymphatic benign tumor
- Auto immune disease- Pemphigus vulgaris
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery