Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypoglycemia
What Is Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Basics
Hypoglycemia is the term used to describe an abnormal drop in blood glucose level. When an individual eats a meal, glucose from the food is absorbed into the bloodstream. Insulin, a chemical produced by the pancreas, then facilitates the movement of excess amounts of glucose from the blood and into the liver, fat and muscle cells, where it is stored until the body needs it for energy. People who experience hypoglycemia often have abnormal levels of insulin due to diabetes medication, which interferes with the body's ability to break down stored glucose when needed. Signs of hypoglycemia include dizziness, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, shaking, difficulty speaking, anxiety and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypoglycemia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hypoglycemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hypoglycemia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypoglycemia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypoglycemia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypoglycemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia