Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypoglycemia
What Is Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Basics
Hypoglycemia is the term used to describe an abnormal drop in blood glucose level. When an individual eats a meal, glucose from the food is absorbed into the bloodstream. Insulin, a chemical produced by the pancreas, then facilitates the movement of excess amounts of glucose from the blood and into the liver, fat and muscle cells, where it is stored until the body needs it for energy. People who experience hypoglycemia often have abnormal levels of insulin due to diabetes medication, which interferes with the body's ability to break down stored glucose when needed. Signs of hypoglycemia include dizziness, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, shaking, difficulty speaking, anxiety and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypoglycemia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hypoglycemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hypoglycemia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypoglycemia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypoglycemia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypoglycemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia