Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypoglycemia
What Is Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Basics
Hypoglycemia is the term used to describe an abnormal drop in blood glucose level. When an individual eats a meal, glucose from the food is absorbed into the bloodstream. Insulin, a chemical produced by the pancreas, then facilitates the movement of excess amounts of glucose from the blood and into the liver, fat and muscle cells, where it is stored until the body needs it for energy. People who experience hypoglycemia often have abnormal levels of insulin due to diabetes medication, which interferes with the body's ability to break down stored glucose when needed. Signs of hypoglycemia include dizziness, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, shaking, difficulty speaking, anxiety and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypoglycemia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hypoglycemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hypoglycemia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypoglycemia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypoglycemia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypoglycemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums