Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypoglycemia
What Is Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Basics
Hypoglycemia is the term used to describe an abnormal drop in blood glucose level. When an individual eats a meal, glucose from the food is absorbed into the bloodstream. Insulin, a chemical produced by the pancreas, then facilitates the movement of excess amounts of glucose from the blood and into the liver, fat and muscle cells, where it is stored until the body needs it for energy. People who experience hypoglycemia often have abnormal levels of insulin due to diabetes medication, which interferes with the body's ability to break down stored glucose when needed. Signs of hypoglycemia include dizziness, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, shaking, difficulty speaking, anxiety and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypoglycemia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hypoglycemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hypoglycemia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypoglycemia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypoglycemia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypoglycemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Interaction with Simvastatin 40 mg - Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Wan
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss