Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypothyroidism
What Is Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Basics
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypothyroidism.
What Patterns Are Related To Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hypothyroidism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hypothyroidism:Heart Yang DeficiencyKidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hypothyroidism Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- My Kidneys Are What?
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Hypothyroidism
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypothyroidism
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypothyroidism
Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan (Kidney Qi Pill from the Golden Cabinet)
- Lethargy, low libedo, frequent urination with possible incontinence resulting from kidney yang deficiency.
- Sensation of cold, especially in the lower half.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid during a cold or flu, use nothing, or yin qiao / gan mao ling instead.
- Avoid with patients that present with yin deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypothyroidism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan