Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hypothyroidism
What Is Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Basics
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hypothyroidism.
What Patterns Are Related To Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hypothyroidism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hypothyroidism:Heart Yang DeficiencyKidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hypothyroidism Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- My Kidneys Are What?
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Hypothyroidism
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hypothyroidism
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hypothyroidism
Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan (Kidney Qi Pill from the Golden Cabinet)
- Lethargy, low libedo, frequent urination with possible incontinence resulting from kidney yang deficiency.
- Sensation of cold, especially in the lower half.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid during a cold or flu, use nothing, or yin qiao / gan mao ling instead.
- Avoid with patients that present with yin deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hypothyroidism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions