Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Immunity
What Is Immunity?
Immunity - Basics
The immune system is a structure of organs, cells and tissue that defend the body by fighting off viruses and other foreign substances that cause infection. If the immune system fails to prevent an outside substance from entering the body, it launches an attack against it and builds an immunity to that antigen for potential future encounters. The strength of one's immunity and the body's ability to build and sustain immunity is influenced by many factors such as inherited genes and the characteristics of the particular antigen.
In some instances, the immune system incorrectly identifies certain cells or tissues in the body as an outside invader, and launches an attack against them. As a result, healthy cells are destroyed, impairing certain essential functions of the body. This series of events is caused by an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for immunity.
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Immunity
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Immunity
Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan (Tonify the Middle and Augment the Qi Formula)
- Coldness of the limbs, borborygmus with loose stools or diarrhea due to spleen yang deficiency.
- Spontaneous or easy sweating, general fatigue, changes in appetite due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Pale complexion and preference for warm food or drinks due to spleen yang and qi deficiency.
- Shortness of breath and noticable lack of desire to speak may present if both spleen and stomach qi are weak.
- This formula is also commonly used for prolasped organs.
- Use with caution for yin deficient patients.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about immunity? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums