Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
What Is Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)?
Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction) - Basics
Impotence, or erectile dysfunction, occurs when a man is completely unable to have an erection, inconsistently is able to achieve an erection, or is unable to sustain an erection beyond short periods of time. There are several causes of ED, including certain medications, damage to the nerves and tissue (commonly due to disease), smoking, physical inactivity, emotional or psychological stress, and injury to the penis, bladder, prostate, pelvis or spinal cord.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Impotence.
What Patterns Are Related To Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)?
Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of impotence (erectile dysfunction) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of impotence (erectile dysfunction):Heart Qi DeficiencyLiver Qi StagnationLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
7 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
The Following (4)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction)
Qi Xue Da Bu Wan (Nourish Qi & Blood Pills)
- Fatigue, lethargy, sensation of feeling heavy or cold.
- Low appetite, bloating, borborygmus, loose bowels.
- Impotence, infertility, low libedo.
- Insomnia, night sweats, vivid dreams, nightmares.
Wu Zi Yang Zong Wan (Five Seeds to Bring Forth Offspring)
- Impotence, premature ejaculation, noctural emissions, low libedo from weakened kidney jing (essence).
- Poor concentration and memory, listlessness, general fatigue and worsening eyesight also resulting from weakened jing.
- Low back pain, possibly with weakness of the knees from weakness of the kidney system.
- Infertility [male] with low sperm count or abnormal sperm morphology.
You Gui Wan (Restore the Right Kidney Pill)
- Cold extremities, fatigue, weak/aching low back, knees, waist, aversion to cold, loose stools - due to kindney yang deficiency.
- Impotence, infertility, low libedo, low sperm count, abnormal sperm morphology.
- Incontinence or other urinary issues (frequent, difficult to restrain), enlarged prostate.
- Use with caution with patients that present with damp signs.
Zhuang Yang Wan (Strengthen Kidney Yang And Preserve Power Pill)
- Tonifies the kidney yang and astringe the jing (essence), primarily for sexual dysfunction in older males - symptoms may include impotence, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and other signs of kidney yang deficiency including weak/sore low back and/or knees, weakness in the limbs, cold sensation, aversion to cold, and fatigue.
- Avoid in cases of kidney yin deficiency – dry mouth, strong thirst, night sweats, dry stools. In those cases, Liu Wei Di Huang Wan, or Zuo Gui Wan are likely more appropriate.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about impotence (erectile dysfunction)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums