Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Indigestion
What Patterns Are Related To Indigestion?
Indigestion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of indigestion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of indigestion:Liver Attacking the SpleenLiver Qi StagnationSpleen Qi DeficiencyStomach Food StagnationStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Indigestion Is Discussed
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Indigestion?
Indigestion - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for indigestion that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with indigestion:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Indigestion
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Indigestion
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Indigestion
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Indigestion
Ping Wei Wan (Calm the Stomach Powder)
- Damp cold stagnation in the middle jiao - poor appetite, indigestion, gastritis, loose stools, heavy sensation of the limbs, fatigue.
- Can be used to induce labor with appropriate underlying diagnoses.
- Avoid in pregnancy and in yin deficient and/or blood deficient cases due to the warming and drying nature.
Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi Wan (Aucklandia, Amomi & Six Gentlemen Pills)
- A modified version of the base, zhi zhu wan, which is used to treat qi stagnation and food retention from qi deficiency. This modification includes herbs which add more movement and damp drying.
- Distention and fullness in the epigastric area - bloating, indigestion, gastritis, gastric prolapse.
- Poor appetite (from Spleen Qi Deficiency), anorexia.
- Avoid raw and cold food when taking this formula (and generally for Spleen Qi Deficiency).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about indigestion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums