Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis
What Is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial Cystitis - Basics
Interstitial Cystitis is a chronic condition that causes inflammation of the tissues lining the bladder wall. Often associated with an autoimmune problem, IC is more likely to occur in women than men, with symptoms worsening during menstruation. Symptoms include pain and tenderness in the bladder/pelvic region, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, and pain during sexual intercourse.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Interstitial Cystitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about interstitial cystitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan