Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Iron Deficiency Anemia
What Is Iron Deficiency Anemia?
Iron Deficiency Anemia - Basics
Iron deficiency anemia is a condition in which the blood lacks enough iron to produce healthy red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. Symptoms include fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, headache, brittle nails, swollen tongue and pica (craving for items such as dirt or ice). There are several causes of iron deficiency anemia including blood loss (internal bleeding, unusually long or heavy menstruation), low-iron diet or the inability to absorb enough iron.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Iron deficiency anemia.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Iron Deficiency Anemia?
Iron Deficiency Anemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for iron deficiency anemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with iron deficiency anemia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Iron Deficiency Anemia
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Iron Deficiency Anemia
Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan (Tonify the Middle and Augment the Qi Formula)
- Coldness of the limbs, borborygmus with loose stools or diarrhea due to spleen yang deficiency.
- Spontaneous or easy sweating, general fatigue, changes in appetite due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Pale complexion and preference for warm food or drinks due to spleen yang and qi deficiency.
- Shortness of breath and noticable lack of desire to speak may present if both spleen and stomach qi are weak.
- This formula is also commonly used for prolasped organs.
- Use with caution for yin deficient patients.
Si Wu Tang Wan (Four Substances Pills)
- The primary base formula for tonifying the blood and regulating menstruation in Chinese Medicine terms - irregular cycles, amenorrhea or long cycles.
- Postpartum issues such as uterine bleeding when arising from blood deficiency.
- General blood deficiency symptoms - dry skin, dry eyes, dry hair, anemia, calf cramping. Certain version of dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin conditions - diabetic ulcers, etc.
- With the right underlying factors threatened miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy.
- Fertility issues, endometriosis.
- Avoid during the early phases of a cold or flu.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about iron deficiency anemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums