Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Itching
What Is Itching?
Itching - Basics
Itching is a tingling sensation that invokes the desire to scratch the irritated area. It can be the symptom of several conditions or irritants including insect bites, parasites, allergic reaction, skin disease (such as chicken pox or eczema), dry skin and other factors.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for itching.
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Itching
6 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Itching
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Itching
Ba Wei Dai Xia Fang (Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge)
- Clearing damp heat in the lower warmer, particularly with underlying blood deficiency - vaginal disharge, vaginal itching, vaginal inflammation along with constipation, possibly anemia, low back pain, and/or abdominal pain. Leukorrhea may be yellow, white or red.
- Gonorrhea, syphilis.
Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan (Indigo Combo Pills)
- Itching, rashes, general skin irritation especially of the type that moves around or is intermittent.
- Insect bites, allergic contact dermatitis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, sun burn.
- Do not use for damp heat skin conditions such as boils or carbuncle.
Xiao Feng Wan (Clear Wind Pill)
- Itchy and red skin lesions, possibly with weeping -psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.
- Topical allergic response, dermatitis -poison ivy, oak, sumac.
- Acute [allergic] edema in the limbs.
- Use with caution with patients that present with yin and or blood deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about itching? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums