Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Kidney Diseases
What Is Kidney Diseases?
Kidney Diseases - Basics
The kidneys are the filtration organs for the body. They remove waste and excess water from the blood, which then exits the body through the urine. Without the work of this essential organ, the body does not properly function. Conditions that affect the kidneys include types of glomerular diseases (which attack the glomeruli, the tiny filters inside the kidneys), systemic diseases that attack the kidneys (such as lupus), diabetes, polycystic kidney disease (a condition characterized by the abnormal growth of numerous cysts in the kidneys), and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for kidney diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Kidney Diseases
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Kidney Diseases
Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear)
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
- Avoid in cases arising from bladder damp heat - ba zheng wan or san jin wan would likely be better.
Li Niao Pai Shi Wan (Water Stone Removal Pill)
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about kidney diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums