Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Kidney Diseases
What Is Kidney Diseases?
Kidney Diseases - Basics
The kidneys are the filtration organs for the body. They remove waste and excess water from the blood, which then exits the body through the urine. Without the work of this essential organ, the body does not properly function. Conditions that affect the kidneys include types of glomerular diseases (which attack the glomeruli, the tiny filters inside the kidneys), systemic diseases that attack the kidneys (such as lupus), diabetes, polycystic kidney disease (a condition characterized by the abnormal growth of numerous cysts in the kidneys), and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for kidney diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Kidney Diseases
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Kidney Diseases
Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear)
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
- Avoid in cases arising from bladder damp heat - ba zheng wan or san jin wan would likely be better.
Li Niao Pai Shi Wan (Water Stone Removal Pill)
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about kidney diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points