Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)
What Is Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)?
Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi) - Basics
A kidney stone forms in the kidney from excess amounts of certain substances in the urine. The most common form of kidney stones are comprised of excess calcium, however, stones can be made of uric acid, mineral magnesium and ammonia, or cystine--a material found in proteins throughout the body. Stones vary in size and can usually pass through the body in the urine without a physician's aid. A kidney stone can cause intense back and/or side pain, painful urination, blood in the urine, vomiting, fever/chills and cloudy urine.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for kidney stones.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)?
Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi) - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with kidney stones (renal calculi):
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)?
Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for kidney stones (renal calculi) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with kidney stones (renal calculi):
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about kidney stones (renal calculi)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums