Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Lazy Eye
What Is Lazy Eye?
Lazy Eye - Basics
A lazy eye occurs when the brain and eye do not function together properly, resulting in reduced vision in one eye. Symptoms of lazy eye, also called Amblyopia, include impaired depth perception and the appearance of the eyes to improperly function together. A lazy eye is most commonly caused by strabismus (a positioning imbalance of the two eyes), however other factors such as cataracts or astigmatism can lead to the condition.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Lazy Eye.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Lazy Eye?
Lazy Eye - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for lazy eye that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with lazy eye:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about lazy eye? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps