Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Leg Cramps
What Is Leg Cramps?
Leg Cramps - Basics
Leg cramps are involuntary muscle contractions that can appear at any time. Lasting from a moment to several minutes, leg cramps can be the result of overexertion, dehydration, mineral deficiency, an injury, or a condition called Restless Leg Syndrome. RLS is a brain disorder that causes uncomfortable tingling or burning sensations in the legs while at rest, often at night. The condition is also characterized by a strong urge to move the legs in an effort to alleviate the sensation, which can range in severity from mild to painful.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for leg cramps.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Leg Cramps?
Leg Cramps - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for leg cramps that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with leg cramps:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Leg Cramps
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Leg Cramps
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Leg Cramps
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Leg Cramps
Shao Yao Gan Cao Wan (Peony and Licorice Decoction)
- Cramping and/or muscle spasms that are due to fluid deficiency.
- Frozen shoulder, trigger finger.
- General tightness or cramps especially along the tendons or ligaments.
- Restless leg syndrome for patients who present with yin and blood deficiency as the primary cause.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about leg cramps? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue