Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Leukemia
What Is Leukemia?
Leukemia - Basics
Leukemia is a type of cancer that forms in the tissue that produces blood cells. Normal blood cells are created from cells in the bone marrow to replenish the body when other blood cells die. In people with leukemia, the bone marrow produces abnormal white blood cells, or leukemia cells, which don't have a normal turnover rate. As the number of these cells increase, they can crowd out healthy blood cells, making it difficult for the normal blood cells to function properly.
There are two types of leukemia, both named for the type of cell from which the cancer originates. The two types of cells found in the bone marrow are myeloid (from which red and white blood cells, and platelets are formed) and lymphoid (from which only white blood cells form). Both these types of leukemia occur in adults and children, and can be chronic (progressing slowly) or acute (progressing rapidly). Symptoms of leukemia include fatigue, swollen lymph nodes that don't hurt, joint pain, night sweats, unexplained weight loss, abdominal discomfort, frequent infections, and bruising easily.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Leukemia.
What Patterns Are Related To Leukemia?
Leukemia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of leukemia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of leukemia:Large Intestine Damp HeatLiver Blood DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatLung Dampness - Phlegm HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Leukemia Is Discussed
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Tong Ren Therapy for Cancer and other Ailments - General Questions and Comparisons
- Tong Ren and Tom Tam Featured on NBC Boston
- Treatment of Leukemia with Tong Ren Therapy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Leukemia?
Leukemia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for leukemia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with leukemia:
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Leukemia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about leukemia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Interaction with Simvastatin 40 mg - Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Wan
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss