Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Leukorrhea
What Is Leukorrhea?
Leukorrhea - Basics
Leukorrhea is the medical term used to describe a white or yellowish vaginal discharge. Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Leukorrhea.
What Patterns Are Related To Leukorrhea?
Leukorrhea - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of leukorrhea generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of leukorrhea:Liver FireLiver Qi StagnationLiver Yin DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Leukorrhea Is Discussed
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Leukorrhea?
Leukorrhea - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with leukorrhea:
14 Points Are Empirically Important For Leukorrhea
13 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Leukorrhea
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Leukorrhea
The Following (8)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Leukorrhea
Ba Wei Dai Xia Fang (Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge)
- Clearing damp heat in the lower warmer, particularly with underlying blood deficiency - vaginal disharge, vaginal itching, vaginal inflammation along with constipation, possibly anemia, low back pain, and/or abdominal pain. Leukorrhea may be yellow, white or red.
- Gonorrhea, syphilis.
Ba Zheng Wan (Eight Herb Powder for Rectification)
- Painful urination when it arises from damp heat syndrome - urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, cystitis.
- Prostatitis when from damp heat.
- Generally not for long-term use as it can lead to deficiency.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear)
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
- Avoid in cases arising from bladder damp heat - ba zheng wan or san jin wan would likely be better.
Li Niao Pai Shi Wan (Water Stone Removal Pill)
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
Long Dan Xie Gan Wan (Gentiana Purge Liver Formula)
- Hypochondriac pain, bitter taste in the mouth, irritability, easily angered, headache, dizziness, red, and possibly sore, eyes resulting from liver fire rising.
- Urinary symptoms such as painful, hot urination perhaps with swollen genitalia, dark and/or turbid urine from damp heat accumulation in the lower jiao.
- Leukorrhea of yellow color with a strong odor.
- Not for long term use.
- Not for patients who present with yin, yang, and/or blood deficiency.
- Use with caution with patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Si Miao Wan (Four Marvels Powder)
- Damp-Heat Bi-Syndromes in Chinese Medicine terms - arthritis with hot swollen joints. With the right underlying diagnosis both osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis would respond.
- Weakness and/or atrophy in the lower body with swelling.
- Leukorrhea and other heat related discharge.
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Avoid in deficiency cases.
- Generally not suitable for arthritis with cold/deficient signs.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about leukorrhea? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health