Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
What Is Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)?
Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) - Basics
Liver Cancer-Hepatocellular carcinoma is a type of cancer originating in the liver cells, called hepatocytes. Cancerous liver cells can break away from HCC growth and spread through blood vessels to other organs, or the lymph nodes. Risk factors for liver cancer are excessive alcohol consumption, hepatitis b or c infection, cirrhosis, diabetes and others. Symptoms of liver cancer include nausea, pain in the upper-right abdomen, a feeling of heaviness or bloating in the upper abdomen, weight loss, yellowish discoloration of the skin and eyes and dark urine due to jaundice, loss of appetite and fever.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma.
What Patterns Are Related To Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)?
Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of liver cancer - hepatocellular carcinoma (hcc) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of liver cancer - hepatocellular carcinoma (hcc):Heat in the BloodKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Blood StagnationLiver Qi StagnationLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Liver Cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan (Minor Bupleurum Decoction)
- Shao Yang Syndrome (or "lesser yang stage") - alternating fever and chills, hypochondriac pain, irritability, bitter taste in mouth, poor appetite, nausea. Often used for illnesses (chronic or short-term) such as the flu, etc. that have "cleared" but not completely. People will describe not feeling quite right or having a range of low level symptoms for months or longer after a particular illness. Instead of fever and chills alternating they may manifest with cold extremities and warm interior or other variations.
- A range of liver related conditions including malaria, jaundice, hepatitis, liver cancer, meniere's disease, general protection from medicines that may harm the liver, etc. among issues with other digestive organs - pancreatitis, stomatitis, gastritis.
- Liver/speen disharmonies resulting in broader issues such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularities (PMS, cramping, etc.).
- Other general immune issues such as the common cold, flu, tonsillitis, general seasonal allergies with the right underlying factors.
- Use with caution with yin and/or blood deficiencies.
- Avoid cold, raw, and spicy foods while taking xiao chai hu tang.
Yi Guan Jian Wan (Linking Decoction)
- GI issues from yin deficiency (liver and kidney) with liver qi stagnation leading to stomach yin issues - gastritis, ulcers, reflux, bloating.
- The underlying factors lead to dryness of the blood, that coupled with liver qi stagnation and yin deficiency may lead to PMS, inosmnia, etc.
- With the right underlying factors useful for a range of liver conditions - hepatitis, fatty liver.
- Essential hypertension, preeclampsia.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about liver cancer - hepatocellular carcinoma (hcc)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia