Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Liver Disease
What Is Liver Disease?
Liver Disease - Basics
Below are alternative and natural treatment options for liver disease such as—but not limited to—Hepatitis B and C (inflammation of the liver), Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver due to chronic injury or disease), Alagille Syndrome (a condition characterized by the build up of bile in the liver), and others. Within this section you will find commonly used acupuncture and acupressure points, appropriate herbal formulas and a variety of information from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) perspectives to aid in the treatment of liver disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Liver Disease Is Discussed
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Liver Disease
The Following (5)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Liver Disease
Da Bu Gan Wan (Major Liver Nutrition Pills)
- Brittle nails, yellowing of the skin (jaundice).
- Abdominal cramping, distension or pain in the hypochrondia due to liver qi stangation
- Fatty liver, hepatitis and other liver diseases.
Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan (Liver Disease Recovery Pills)
- Irritibility or easily prone to outburts or anger.
- Liver disease such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver.
- Jaundice - yellowing of the skin, brittle nails, pale complexion.
- Ovoid foods and drugs that tax the liver such as coffee, alcohol, fried foods, etc.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Ping Gan Liu Qi Yin Wan (Dang Gui And Pinellia Combination)
- Liver qi stagnation with blood deficiency heat - signs of heat, red eyes, possibly anxiety and/or irritability, etc. along with digestive issues such as gastritis, cirrhosis, cholecystitis, hernia.
- Lymphedema from stagnation and deficiency.
- Fibrocystic breasts.
- Use with caution with pregnancy.
Yi Guan Jian Wan (Linking Decoction)
- GI issues from yin deficiency (liver and kidney) with liver qi stagnation leading to stomach yin issues - gastritis, ulcers, reflux, bloating.
- The underlying factors lead to dryness of the blood, that coupled with liver qi stagnation and yin deficiency may lead to PMS, inosmnia, etc.
- With the right underlying factors useful for a range of liver conditions - hepatitis, fatty liver.
- Essential hypertension, preeclampsia.
Yin Chen Hao Wan (Artemisiae Scopariae Decoction)
- Used for a range of liver, gallbladder and pancreatic disorders arising from damp heat. Symptoms such as jaundice, urinary difficulty, nausea, bloating and more.
- Western conditions could be cirrhosis, gallbladder disease, alcohol toxicity and more.
- May involve other psychiatric conditions as well such as manic depression, anger outbursts, etc.
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Avoid with yin jaundice (jaundice with absense of heat signs, feeling cold, no redness in tongue).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about liver disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed