Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Lyme Disease
What Is Lyme Disease?
Lyme Disease - Basics
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by the transmission of Borrelia burgdorferi, a bacterium which is commonly carried by the deer tick. An early symptom of Lyme disease is the appearance of a red rash at the site of the tick bite. This rash is called an erythema migrans (EM), and appears as a red spot before becoming larger to form a circular-shaped rash. Other symptoms of Lyme disease include fever, body aches, headaches, fatigue and stiff neck. If the infection goes untreated, Lyme disease can lead to the onset of other serious medical issues such as arthritis, Bell's Palsy, meningitis, impaired muscle movement, limb stiffness and heart problems.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Lyme disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Lyme Disease Is Discussed
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Lyme Disease?
Lyme Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for lyme disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with lyme disease:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Lyme Disease
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about lyme disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps