Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Malabsorption
What Is Malabsorption?
Malabsorption - Basics
Malabsorption is the body's inability to properly digest or absorb certain fats, proteins, sugars and/or other nutrients from food. Symptoms of malabsorption are bloating, cramping, fatty or bulky stools, diarrhea, weight loss, and/or physical development issues. There are several conditions that can cause malabsorption, including Celiac disease, Crohn's disease, certain cancers, milk intolerance, AIDS, Cystic Fibrosis, Whipple disease, parasites and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Malabsorption.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Malabsorption?
Malabsorption - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for malabsorption that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with malabsorption:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Malabsorption
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about malabsorption? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums