Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Manic Depression
What Is Manic Depression?
Manic Depression - Basics
Manic Depression is a mood disorder characterized by long periods of manic behavior, after which an individual returns to a normal state. Unlike bi-polar disorder, people with manic depression do not typically experience periods of depression. When not in a manic state, an individual with manic depression can be a normal, functioning person with a stable work and family life. However, when in a manic state, he or she may experience feelings of elation and invincibility, unrealistic belief in one's abilities, participation in high-risk endeavors or behaviors, lack of sleep, tendency to speak rapidly, and other symptoms.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Manic Depression.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Manic Depression Is Discussed
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Manic Depression?
Manic Depression - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with manic depression:
22 Points Are Empirically Important For Manic Depression
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Manic Depression
Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula)
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Gan Mai Da Zao Wan (Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula)
- Anxiety/depression/manic issues with a tendency towards losing self-control (crying fits, excessive yawning, etc.) that result from the combination of heart yin deficiency and liver qi stagnation.
- Insomnia, possibly with vivid dreaming and heart palpitations.
- Post-partum depression and milder symptoms of menopause.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about manic depression? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches
- Tiger warmer/ lion warmer