Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Memory Problems
What Is Memory Problems?
Memory Problems - Basics
There are several conditions or factors that can lead to changes in memory. As an individual grows older, it is common to become more forgetful; however, if memory loss interferes with carrying out everyday tasks, it could be a sign of a more serious medical issue. Two major conditions that affect memory include Alzheimer's Disease and Multi-infarct Dementia. Alzheimer's Disease is a gradual, irreversible disease that attacks the brain, affecting the memory and thinking skills and eventually progressing to damage other regions of the brain such that simple daily functions become nearly impossible.
Individuals with multi-infarct dementia experience multiple, small strokes, which cut off blood flow to the brain, resulting in tissue damage. Other factors that can cause memory problems include depression, thyroid problems, poor diet, dehydration, head injury, and certain medications.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for memory problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Memory Problems Is Discussed
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Memory Problems?
Memory Problems - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for memory problems that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with memory problems:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Memory Problems
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Memory Problems
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Memory Problems
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Memory Problems
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about memory problems? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums