Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Miscarriages
What Is Miscarriages?
Miscarriages - Basics
A miscarriage occurs when a woman loses a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. This can be caused by a problem with the uterus or cervix; a chromosomal abnormality in the fetus due to a problem with the egg or sperm; a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which causes the overproduction of the hormone androgen that impedes egg development; and other factors. Signs that a woman has had a miscarriage include vaginal bleeding, abdominal cramps, and passing tissue from the vagina.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Miscarriages.
What Patterns Are Related To Miscarriages?
Miscarriages - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of miscarriages generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of miscarriages:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencySpleen Invasion - Cold DampSpleen Qi DeficiencyStomach Cold
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Miscarriages Is Discussed
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupuncture for Male and Female Fertility (A General Introduction)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Miscarriages?
Miscarriages - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with miscarriages:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Miscarriages
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Miscarriages
Jian Pi Wan (Strengthen Spleen Pills)
- For stomach and spleen qi deficiency with dampness that has potentially generated mild interior-heat - diarrhea, abdominal pain, poor appetite, epigastric pain.
- May be used in early pregnancy for more deficient patients particularly with a tendency towards miscarriage.
- May be used with pediatric patients for poor appetite and looser stools.
Jiao Ai Wan (Ass-Hide Gelatin and Mugwort Formula)
- Uterine bleeding/spotting.
- Abdominal/Uterine/Ovarian cramping.
- Irregular menstruation, history of miscarriage - due to spleen failing to regulate the blood.
- Avoid in cases of beng lou (flooding and spotting) when caused by heat or accompanied with strong heat signs.
Si Wu Tang Wan (Four Substances Pills)
- The primary base formula for tonifying the blood and regulating menstruation in Chinese Medicine terms - irregular cycles, amenorrhea or long cycles.
- Postpartum issues such as uterine bleeding when arising from blood deficiency.
- General blood deficiency symptoms - dry skin, dry eyes, dry hair, anemia, calf cramping. Certain version of dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin conditions - diabetic ulcers, etc.
- With the right underlying factors threatened miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy.
- Fertility issues, endometriosis.
- Avoid during the early phases of a cold or flu.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about miscarriages? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums