Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Morning Sickness
What Is Morning Sickness?
Morning Sickness - Basics
Morning sickness is characterized by nausea and vomiting that occurs between the first and fourth months of pregnancy. Contrary to its name, morning sickness can happen at any time of the day.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Morning Sickness.
What Patterns Are Related To Morning Sickness?
Morning Sickness - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of morning sickness generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of morning sickness:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatLung Dampness - Phlegm ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampStomach ColdStomach Rebellious Qi
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Morning Sickness Is Discussed
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupuncture for Male and Female Fertility (A General Introduction)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Morning Sickness?
Morning Sickness - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with morning sickness:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Morning Sickness?
Morning Sickness - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for morning sickness that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with morning sickness:
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Morning Sickness
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about morning sickness? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse