Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Multiple System Atrophy
What Is Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Basics
Multiple System Atrophy is a neurodegenerative condition characterized by the failure and progressive loss of nervous system cells that facilitate motor function. Primarily affecting men and women in their 50s, MSA cripples the autonomic nervous system and inhibits muscle movement. Common signs of MSA include fainting spells, difficulty swallowing, clumsiness, slurred speech, balance problems, frequent urination, tremor and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Multiple System Atrophy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for multiple system atrophy that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with multiple system atrophy:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about multiple system atrophy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan