Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Multiple System Atrophy
What Is Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Basics
Multiple System Atrophy is a neurodegenerative condition characterized by the failure and progressive loss of nervous system cells that facilitate motor function. Primarily affecting men and women in their 50s, MSA cripples the autonomic nervous system and inhibits muscle movement. Common signs of MSA include fainting spells, difficulty swallowing, clumsiness, slurred speech, balance problems, frequent urination, tremor and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Multiple System Atrophy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for multiple system atrophy that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with multiple system atrophy:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about multiple system atrophy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums