Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Multiple System Atrophy
What Is Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Basics
Multiple System Atrophy is a neurodegenerative condition characterized by the failure and progressive loss of nervous system cells that facilitate motor function. Primarily affecting men and women in their 50s, MSA cripples the autonomic nervous system and inhibits muscle movement. Common signs of MSA include fainting spells, difficulty swallowing, clumsiness, slurred speech, balance problems, frequent urination, tremor and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Multiple System Atrophy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Multiple System Atrophy?
Multiple System Atrophy - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for multiple system atrophy that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with multiple system atrophy:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about multiple system atrophy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions