Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Mumps
What Is Mumps?
Mumps - Basics
Often occurring in children aged 2-12 years, Mumps is a condition characterized by the swelling of the salivary glands. Mumps is generally transmitted by infected saliva, and causes symptoms such as fever, headache, poor appetite, muscle aches, fatigue, and tenderness of the salivary glands. Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for mumps.
What Patterns Are Related To Mumps?
Mumps - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of mumps generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of mumps:Liver FireLiver Qi StagnationLiver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Mumps Is Discussed
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Mumps?
Mumps - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for mumps that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with mumps:
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Mumps
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Mumps
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Mumps
Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan (Indigo Combo Pills)
- Itching, rashes, general skin irritation especially of the type that moves around or is intermittent.
- Insect bites, allergic contact dermatitis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, sun burn.
- Do not use for damp heat skin conditions such as boils or carbuncle.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mumps? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse