Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Mumps
What Is Mumps?
Mumps - Basics
Often occurring in children aged 2-12 years, Mumps is a condition characterized by the swelling of the salivary glands. Mumps is generally transmitted by infected saliva, and causes symptoms such as fever, headache, poor appetite, muscle aches, fatigue, and tenderness of the salivary glands. Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for mumps.
What Patterns Are Related To Mumps?
Mumps - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of mumps generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of mumps:Liver FireLiver Qi StagnationLiver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Mumps Is Discussed
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Mumps?
Mumps - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for mumps that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with mumps:
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Mumps
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Mumps
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Mumps
Fu Fang Qing Dai Wan (Indigo Combo Pills)
- Itching, rashes, general skin irritation especially of the type that moves around or is intermittent.
- Insect bites, allergic contact dermatitis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, sun burn.
- Do not use for damp heat skin conditions such as boils or carbuncle.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about mumps? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan