Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Muscle Weakness
What Is Muscle Weakness?
Muscle Weakness - Basics
Muscle weakness is characterized by the loss of muscle stability or a weakened feeling of the muscle. This symptom can be the result of several conditions including muscular dystrophy, stroke, multiple sclerosis, neuropathy and others. Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for muscle weakness.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Muscle Weakness Is Discussed
- A Different Approach to Low Back Pain
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- What Does Acupuncture Treat? Or Treating The “Cause” And Not The “Symptoms”...
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- My Spleen is What? The Earth Element in Chinese Medicine...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
12 Points Are Empirically Important For Muscle Weakness
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Muscle Weakness
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Muscle Weakness
Shu Jing Huo Xue Wan (Relax The Channels and Invigorate The Blood Decoction)
- Primarily used for blood stasis with wind-damp in the channels and collaterals characterized by internal deficiency with external excesses - joint pain, muscle aches, numbness and/or pain in the lower extremities (may be severe).
- Wind-cold damp bi-syndrome (i.e. arthritis) - particularly in the lower part of the body, hips, knees, lower back.
- Sciatic pain with the correct underlying pattern.
- Neck pain with the correct underling pattern.
- Fractures that are reluctant to heal, particularly in the lower body.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Generally not for long term use and use with caution if at all in deficient patients.
Zuo Gu Shen Jing Tong Wan (Sciatica Pills)
- Wind-cold-damp bi syndromes with particular issues in the lower back and legs - sciatic pain, heaviness in the lower body, hip and knee pain, arthritis in those areas (osteo or rheumatoid).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about muscle weakness? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan