Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Muscular Dystrophy
What Is Muscular Dystrophy?
Muscular Dystrophy - Basics
Muscular Dystrophy is a group of more than 30 diseases characterized by the deterioration of the muscles that control movement. The most common type of MD is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, which is caused by a lack of dystrophin—a protein necessary for maintaining muscle stability. It is a rapidly progressing disease that primarily affects boys, with most males losing the ability to walk by age 12. Myotonic MD, the most common form of MD found in adults, causes extended muscle spasms, cataracts and cardiac abnormalities. Other types of muscular dystrophy include Facioscapulohumeral MD—a progressive dystrophy affecting the face, arms, legs, chest and shoulder area—and Becker MD, which is similar to Duchenne MD and stems from low levels of or poor performing dystrophin.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Muscular Dystrophy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Muscular Dystrophy Is Discussed
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Muscular Dystrophy?
Muscular Dystrophy - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for muscular dystrophy that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with muscular dystrophy:
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Muscular Dystrophy
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about muscular dystrophy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums