Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Myocardial Infarction
What Is Myocardial Infarction?
Myocardial Infarction - Basics
A myocardial infarction, or heart attack, occurs when the flow of blood traveling to a section of the heart muscle becomes cut off. Without the flow of oxygen-rich blood, the heart muscle begins to die. A major cause of heart attack is coronary artery disease (CAD). In people with CAD, a fatty substance called plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, which carry blood and oxygen to the heart muscle. Over time, the build ups can rupture, causing a blood clot to form. These blood clots can nearly or fully block the coronary artery, cutting off the flow of blood to the heart. Other factors that can lead to heart attack include microvascular disease and a spasm of the coronary artery. Signs that an individual might be having a heart attack are chest pain or discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea, and pain in the neck, jaw, back, arm(s) or stomach.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Myocardial Infarction.
What Patterns Are Related To Myocardial Infarction?
Myocardial Infarction - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of myocardial infarction generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of myocardial infarction:Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Myocardial Infarction Is Discussed
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about myocardial infarction? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia