Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Myocardial Infarction
What Is Myocardial Infarction?
Myocardial Infarction - Basics
A myocardial infarction, or heart attack, occurs when the flow of blood traveling to a section of the heart muscle becomes cut off. Without the flow of oxygen-rich blood, the heart muscle begins to die. A major cause of heart attack is coronary artery disease (CAD). In people with CAD, a fatty substance called plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, which carry blood and oxygen to the heart muscle. Over time, the build ups can rupture, causing a blood clot to form. These blood clots can nearly or fully block the coronary artery, cutting off the flow of blood to the heart. Other factors that can lead to heart attack include microvascular disease and a spasm of the coronary artery. Signs that an individual might be having a heart attack are chest pain or discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea, and pain in the neck, jaw, back, arm(s) or stomach.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Myocardial Infarction.
What Patterns Are Related To Myocardial Infarction?
Myocardial Infarction - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of myocardial infarction generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of myocardial infarction:Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Myocardial Infarction Is Discussed
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about myocardial infarction? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Nasal polyps by using sanitizer
- lymphatic benign tumor
- Auto immune disease- Pemphigus vulgaris
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery