Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
What Is Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)?
Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis) - Basics
Night sweats is the term used to describe excessive sweating during the night. There are several conditions that can cause night sweats, including menopause, infection, hyperthyroidism, certain medications, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating due to overactive sweat glands), cancer, hormone imbalance, and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Night Sweats.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
6 Points Are Empirically Important For Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
3 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
The Following (11)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Night Sweats (Sleep Hyperhidrosis)
Bai He Gu Jin Wan (Lily Bulb to Preserve the Metal)
- General yin deficiency signs may present as night sweats, heat in the soles and palms, and flusing.
- Cough/wheezing, possible blood in the sputum, dry and sore throat may present from lung yin and qi deficiency.
- Useful for treating people who quit smoking or those with acute smoke exposure.
Da Bu Yin Wan (Great Tonify the Yin Pill)
- Steaming bone syndrome - sensation of intense heat, malar flushing, spontaneous sweating.
- Palpitations, anxiety, insomnia, hot flashes, from kidney/heart yin deficiency.
- Tinnitus, possible vertigo, irritability, restlessness from liver fire rising.
Do not use if patient presents with flu or cold symptoms.
Geng Nian An Wan (Peaceful Menopause)
- Menopause symtpoms including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, restlessness and anxiety as a result of yin deficiency.
- Can be used for other yin deficient symtpoms such as tinnitus, dry skin, and lightheadedness.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Do not use if patient presents with true heat or exterior heat.
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia)
- Dizziness, tinnitus, possibly vertigo as a result of kidney and liver yin deficiency.
- Insomnia especially with night sweats, hot flashes, irritability.
- Spontaneous/nocturnal emissions.
- Menopause related symptoms including cardiovascular issues, bone health, etc. when arising from yin deficiency.
- Use with caution in patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Qing Hao Bie Jia Wan (Artemisia Annua and Soft-Shelled Turtle Formula)
Heat at night (nightsweats, sensation of heat) with a sensation of coolness in the early morning/upon waking, no effect on appetite.
Pulse will be fine and rapid and the Tongue will be red with little coating.
Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills)
- Respiratory issues from lung qi and yin deficiencies - chronic cough, wheezing.
- May be used for damage from longer term illnesses and/or the overuse of wind clearing formulas for colds/flus - nightsweats, spontaneous sweating.
- With the right underlying patterns a range of respiratory and coronary issues.
Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills)
- Dry mouth, dry skin, dark or scanty urine from yin and fluid deficiency.
- Fatigue, shortness of breath, and spontaneous sweating.
- Use with caution for patients that present with heat signs.
Suan Zao Ren Wan (Sour Jujube Decoction)
- Shen related issues when arising from liver blood deficiency - anxiety, insomnia.
- Menopausal heat contributing to sleep and/or anxiety issues.
- Palpitations, night sweats, and general dryness.
Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan (Eight Flavor Rehmannia Teapills)
- Steaming bone syndrome - dry and intensive persuasive sensation of heat possibly with flushing and tidal fever.
- Dizziness, vertigo, tinnitis, anxiety and restlessness resulting from yin deficiency.
- Dryness of the skin, mucus membranes, hard stools, dark or scanty urine.
- Use with caution with patients presenting with damp signs or spleen qi deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about night sweats (sleep hyperhidrosis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health