Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
What Is Nosebleed (Epistaxis)?
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) - Basics
Nosebleed (or epistaxis) is a common medical complaint. It may be an acute, self limiting issue such as from trauma to the nose. It may also arise from more chronic recurring issues such as bleeding disorders, hypertension, leukemia, vitamin k deficiency among others. From a Chinese Medicine perspective the more chronic issues require precise diagnosis within Chinese Medicine terms to help resolve the underlying physical issues leading to the nosebleeds.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Nosebleed (Epistaxis)?
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for nosebleed (epistaxis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with nosebleed (epistaxis):
7 Points Are Empirically Important For Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
3 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
San Huang Xie Xin Wan (Drain The Epigastrium Decoction)
- Damp-heat excess with interior climbing - fever, restlessness, red eyes, constipation, possibly in severe cases delirium from high fever.
- A range of digestive/epigastric issues from damp-heat - gastroenteritis, hepatitis, dysentary, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Certain psychological conditions with damp-heat background - schizophrenia, anxiety, as well as obstructive conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Due to the "clear heat in the blood" aspect, possible usages for digestive bleeding, vascular headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, epistaxis, dental abscesses, mouth sores, etc.
- Has a broad anti-inflammatory effect, accordingly with the right underlying patterns may be used for atherosclerosis, upper respiratory infections and issues such as diabetic nephropathy.
- Generally not meant for long-term use. Once desired results are achieved the formula should be stopped.
- Not for use during pregnancy or during nursing.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about nosebleed (epistaxis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums