Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obesity (Weight Loss)
What Is Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Basics
Weight problems can be aided with a variety of natural and alternative treatments, lifestyle change, and dietary modifications. It is not a simple condition in many cases, however, which is partially why there are so many fad diets and fad weight loss programs. Weight issues can be attributed to addictions, psychological issues such as depression, thyroid issues, and poor lifestyle and dietary choices.
Effective weight loss programs require both individual involvement in their life and proper diagnosis of underlying issues. Chinese Medicine excels at looking at the whole person and their range of conditions. For this reason acupuncture, Chinese herbal formulas, and other eastern based techniques very often lead to excellent results.
Controlling your weight is far more than a cosmetic issue, obesity increases your risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, arthritis and certain types of cancer. Even losing 5% or more of your weight can create very positive changes in your current health and the avoidance of significant issues in the future.
Below you will find some more of the common alternative treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective.
What Patterns Are Related To Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of obesity (weight loss) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of obesity (weight loss):Blood StagnationHeart Yang DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang DeficiencySpleen and Stomach Damp HeatStomach DampnessStomach Fire
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for obesity (weight loss) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with obesity (weight loss):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about obesity (weight loss)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums