Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obesity (Weight Loss)
What Is Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Basics
Weight problems can be aided with a variety of natural and alternative treatments, lifestyle change, and dietary modifications. It is not a simple condition in many cases, however, which is partially why there are so many fad diets and fad weight loss programs. Weight issues can be attributed to addictions, psychological issues such as depression, thyroid issues, and poor lifestyle and dietary choices.
Effective weight loss programs require both individual involvement in their life and proper diagnosis of underlying issues. Chinese Medicine excels at looking at the whole person and their range of conditions. For this reason acupuncture, Chinese herbal formulas, and other eastern based techniques very often lead to excellent results.
Controlling your weight is far more than a cosmetic issue, obesity increases your risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, arthritis and certain types of cancer. Even losing 5% or more of your weight can create very positive changes in your current health and the avoidance of significant issues in the future.
Below you will find some more of the common alternative treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective.
What Patterns Are Related To Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of obesity (weight loss) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of obesity (weight loss):Blood StagnationHeart Yang DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang DeficiencySpleen and Stomach Damp HeatStomach DampnessStomach Fire
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Obesity (Weight Loss) Is Discussed
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Obesity (Weight Loss)?
Obesity (Weight Loss) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for obesity (weight loss) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with obesity (weight loss):
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Obesity (Weight Loss)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Obesity (Weight Loss)
Fang Ji Huang Qi Wan (Stephania and Astragalus Teapills)
- Wind damp / wind edema (feng shui, literally "wind water") patterns, generally acute - heavy sensation of the body, superficial edema, difficulty with urination - idiopathic edema, ascites.
- Weak wei qi - frequent colds, flus.
- Wind damp bi syndromes (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid, swelling, edema), particularly of the knees.
- Idiopathic sweating issues (weak exterior and weak spleen).
- Bone fractures with the right underlying issues, generally associated with damp bi.
- Weight loss with deficiency signs (weak appetite, heavy sensation of body).