Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Basics
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) falls into a general category of anxiety disorders. The main trait of OCD is a repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions), such as counting, excessive hand washing, checking to see, for example, if you locked a door.
The condition ranges from mild to severe and can be debilitating. In some cases people may have to perform many, many rituals to even leave the house in the morning and others may develop conditions such as agoraphobia where they cannot even leave their house.
OCD does have some familial/genetic tendencies and usually comes out in children or young adults but can arise nearly anytime.
There are a host of treatments from a Chinese Medicine perspective and it is generally treated in similar terms as anxiety.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms