Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Basics
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) falls into a general category of anxiety disorders. The main trait of OCD is a repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions), such as counting, excessive hand washing, checking to see, for example, if you locked a door.
The condition ranges from mild to severe and can be debilitating. In some cases people may have to perform many, many rituals to even leave the house in the morning and others may develop conditions such as agoraphobia where they cannot even leave their house.
OCD does have some familial/genetic tendencies and usually comes out in children or young adults but can arise nearly anytime.
There are a host of treatments from a Chinese Medicine perspective and it is generally treated in similar terms as anxiety.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions