Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Basics
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) falls into a general category of anxiety disorders. The main trait of OCD is a repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions), such as counting, excessive hand washing, checking to see, for example, if you locked a door.
The condition ranges from mild to severe and can be debilitating. In some cases people may have to perform many, many rituals to even leave the house in the morning and others may develop conditions such as agoraphobia where they cannot even leave their house.
OCD does have some familial/genetic tendencies and usually comes out in children or young adults but can arise nearly anytime.
There are a host of treatments from a Chinese Medicine perspective and it is generally treated in similar terms as anxiety.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14