Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Basics
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) falls into a general category of anxiety disorders. The main trait of OCD is a repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions), such as counting, excessive hand washing, checking to see, for example, if you locked a door.
The condition ranges from mild to severe and can be debilitating. In some cases people may have to perform many, many rituals to even leave the house in the morning and others may develop conditions such as agoraphobia where they cannot even leave their house.
OCD does have some familial/genetic tendencies and usually comes out in children or young adults but can arise nearly anytime.
There are a host of treatments from a Chinese Medicine perspective and it is generally treated in similar terms as anxiety.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Interaction with Simvastatin 40 mg - Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Wan
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss