Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Optic Nerve Atrophy
What Is Optic Nerve Atrophy?
Optic Nerve Atrophy - Basics
Optic Nerve Atrophy is the deterioration of the nerve that connects the brain to the eye's retina. Symptoms of optic nerve atrophy include diminished peripheral vision, inability to see detail, dimming of vision and decreased pupil sensitivity to light. Several factors can contribute to optic nerve atrophy--including decreased blood flow to the optic nerve, trauma or radiation, eye disease such as glaucoma, stroke, a brain tumor or multiple sclerosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Optic Nerve Atrophy.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Optic Nerve Atrophy Is Discussed
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Optic Nerve Atrophy?
Optic Nerve Atrophy - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with optic nerve atrophy:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Optic Nerve Atrophy
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Optic Nerve Atrophy
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Optic Nerve Atrophy
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia)
- Dizziness, tinnitus, possibly vertigo as a result of kidney and liver yin deficiency.
- Insomnia especially with night sweats, hot flashes, irritability.
- Spontaneous/nocturnal emissions.
- Menopause related symptoms including cardiovascular issues, bone health, etc. when arising from yin deficiency.
- Use with caution in patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about optic nerve atrophy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia