Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Osteoporosis
What Is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Basics
Osteoporosis is a disease that causes the bones to become weak and more prone to break. Commonly, osteoporosis is seen in older people, especially women. Risk factors for osteoporosis include a low calcium and/or low vitamin D diet, lack of physical activity, smoking, excessive alcohol use, certain medications, genetic predisposition and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Osteoporosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of osteoporosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of osteoporosis:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Osteoporosis Is Discussed
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for osteoporosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with osteoporosis:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Osteoporosis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Osteoporosis
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Osteoporosis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about osteoporosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums