Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Osteoporosis
What Is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Basics
Osteoporosis is a disease that causes the bones to become weak and more prone to break. Commonly, osteoporosis is seen in older people, especially women. Risk factors for osteoporosis include a low calcium and/or low vitamin D diet, lack of physical activity, smoking, excessive alcohol use, certain medications, genetic predisposition and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Osteoporosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of osteoporosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of osteoporosis:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Osteoporosis Is Discussed
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for osteoporosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with osteoporosis:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Osteoporosis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Osteoporosis
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Osteoporosis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about osteoporosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan