Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Osteoporosis
What Is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Basics
Osteoporosis is a disease that causes the bones to become weak and more prone to break. Commonly, osteoporosis is seen in older people, especially women. Risk factors for osteoporosis include a low calcium and/or low vitamin D diet, lack of physical activity, smoking, excessive alcohol use, certain medications, genetic predisposition and others.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Osteoporosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of osteoporosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of osteoporosis:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Osteoporosis Is Discussed
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for osteoporosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with osteoporosis:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Osteoporosis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Osteoporosis
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Osteoporosis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about osteoporosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health