Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Otitis Media
What Is Otitis Media?
Otitis Media - Basics
Otitis Media is inflammation of the middle ear. Often the inflammation is the result of a viral or bacterial infection, such as the common cold, that has traveled to the middle ear, and is more commonly seen in young children than in adults. Otitis media can cause severe pain in the ear, and if untreated, can lead to temporary or permanent hearing loss.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Otitis Media.
What Patterns Are Related To Otitis Media?
Otitis Media - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of otitis media generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of otitis media:Liver WindStomach Blood StagnationStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Otitis Media Is Discussed
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Otitis Media?
Otitis Media - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with otitis media:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Otitis Media
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about otitis media? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums