Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Ovarian Cancer
What Is Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian Cancer - Basics
Ovarian Cancer is characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the tissues of the ovary, one of a pair of female reproductive glands that release eggs. This type of cancer can begin on the surface of the ovary or in the egg cells within it. Not all women with ovarian cancer exhibit signs of the disease; however, some common symptoms that might appear include abdominal pain, fatigue, abdominal swelling, back or pelvic pain, abnormal vaginal bleeding, frequent urination, nausea, constipation and shortness of breath.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Ovarian Cancer.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ovarian Cancer Is Discussed
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian Cancer - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for ovarian cancer that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with ovarian cancer:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Ovarian Cancer
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Ovarian Cancer
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Ovarian Cancer
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ovarian cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue