Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Pancreatitis
What Patterns Are Related To Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of pancreatitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of pancreatitis:Blood StagnationLiver Qi StagnationLiver Yin DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Pancreatitis
Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan (Minor Bupleurum Decoction)
- Shao Yang Syndrome (or "lesser yang stage") - alternating fever and chills, hypochondriac pain, irritability, bitter taste in mouth, poor appetite, nausea. Often used for illnesses (chronic or short-term) such as the flu, etc. that have "cleared" but not completely. People will describe not feeling quite right or having a range of low level symptoms for months or longer after a particular illness. Instead of fever and chills alternating they may manifest with cold extremities and warm interior or other variations.
- A range of liver related conditions including malaria, jaundice, hepatitis, liver cancer, meniere's disease, general protection from medicines that may harm the liver, etc. among issues with other digestive organs - pancreatitis, stomatitis, gastritis.
- Liver/speen disharmonies resulting in broader issues such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularities (PMS, cramping, etc.).
- Other general immune issues such as the common cold, flu, tonsillitis, general seasonal allergies with the right underlying factors.
- Use with caution with yin and/or blood deficiencies.
- Avoid cold, raw, and spicy foods while taking xiao chai hu tang.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about pancreatitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums