Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Panic Attack
What Is Panic Attack?
Panic Attack - Basics
A panic attack is a sudden, intense episode characterized by a pounding heartbeat, weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath and a sense of impending doom or terror. People experiencing a panic attack also may feel tingling in the extremities, chills, chest pain, nausea and smothering sensations. Panic attacks can occur at any time, including during sleep, and usually peak within 10 minutes, though some symptoms may last longer. People who have suffered repeated panic attacks dread when the next one will happen, and can easily become disabled by fear of them.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for panic attacks.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
9 Points Are Empirically Important For Panic Attack
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Panic Attack
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Panic Attack
Xiao Yao Wan (Free and Easy Wanderer)
- Depression, anxiety, loss of motivation - resulting from liver qi stagnation.
- Fatigue, bloating, changes in appetite from the combination of spleen qi deficiency with liver qi stagnation.
- PMS, breast distention, irregular menstruation and in some cases infertility.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Yue Ju Wan (Escape Restraint Pill)
- An important formula for plum pit qi and related issues arising from qi stagnation (from many factors) - an oppressive sensation in the chest and/or diaphgram, gerd, reflux, indigestion, nausea, belching with a fetid odor.
- Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, intercostal neuralgia, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis.
- Infectious hepatitis.
- Migraines when the underlying factor is that of stagnation.
- Besides a range of digestive issues, the formula may be used for a wide range of psychiatric conditions including depression, schizophrenia, panic disorder, etc. when the underlying factor is chiefly stagnation.
- Generally should be avoided in cases where the issues are arising from predominately deficiency syndromes (weakness, loose stools, no appetite).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about panic attack? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps