Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Parkinson's Disease (PD)
What Is Parkinson's Disease (PD)?
Parkinson's Disease (PD) - Basics
Parkinson's Disease is a type of motor system disorder, which is characterized by a decrease in dopamine-producing brain cells. The four main symptoms of PD are tremors in the legs, arms, face and jaw; limb stiffness; reduced movement; and balance and coordination problems. Secondary symptoms include problems swallowing, speaking or chewing; depression; skin and urinary issues; and trouble sleeping. Symptoms appear mild at first, but as they progress, can cause difficulty walking or completing everyday tasks.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Parkinson's Disease.
What Patterns Are Related To Parkinson's Disease (PD)?
Parkinson's Disease (PD) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of parkinson's disease (pd) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of parkinson's disease (pd):Blood StagnationKidney Jing DeficiencyLiver WindLiver Yang RisingLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Parkinson's Disease (PD)?
Parkinson's Disease (PD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for parkinson's disease (pd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with parkinson's disease (pd):
13 Points Are Empirically Important For Parkinson's Disease (PD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about parkinson's disease (pd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums