Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Peptic Ulcer
What Patterns Are Related To Peptic Ulcer?
Peptic Ulcer - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of peptic ulcer generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of peptic ulcer:Blood StagnationLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatStomach ColdStomach FireStomach Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Peptic Ulcer Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Peptic Ulcer
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Peptic Ulcer
Fu Fang Dan Shen Wan (Saliva Compound Pill)
- For a range of stagnation issues in the stomach/epigastric/heart region - gastritis, epigastric pain, peptic ulcer disease.
- A range of liver issues including hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- For stasis of the chest (zhong bi syndrome).
- Use with caution with patients who present with blood deficiency.
Ping Wei Wan (Calm the Stomach Powder)
- Damp cold stagnation in the middle jiao - poor appetite, indigestion, gastritis, loose stools, heavy sensation of the limbs, fatigue.
- Can be used to induce labor with appropriate underlying diagnoses.
- Avoid in pregnancy and in yin deficient and/or blood deficient cases due to the warming and drying nature.
Yue Ju Wan (Escape Restraint Pill)
- An important formula for plum pit qi and related issues arising from qi stagnation (from many factors) - an oppressive sensation in the chest and/or diaphgram, gerd, reflux, indigestion, nausea, belching with a fetid odor.
- Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, intercostal neuralgia, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis.
- Infectious hepatitis.
- Migraines when the underlying factor is that of stagnation.
- Besides a range of digestive issues, the formula may be used for a wide range of psychiatric conditions including depression, schizophrenia, panic disorder, etc. when the underlying factor is chiefly stagnation.
- Generally should be avoided in cases where the issues are arising from predominately deficiency syndromes (weakness, loose stools, no appetite).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about peptic ulcer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health