Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
What Is Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)?
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) - Basics
Peripheral Artery Disease occurs when there is a reduced flow of oxygen-rich blood to the arteries that supply blood to the limbs. This is generally caused by atherosclerosis, a build up of plaque in the arteries. Over time, the plaque hardens, causing the arteries to narrow and limiting blood flow to the limbs. PAD commonly affects the legs, but can also affect the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys, stomach, arms and head. Symptoms of PAD include pain, numbness, cramping or heaviness in the legs during physical activity; erectile dysfunction; lower temperature in one leg over the other; slow or poor healing of wounds in the affected limb; paleness; or reduced nail growth.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Peripheral Artery Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about peripheral artery disease (pad)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms