Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
What Is Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)?
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) - Basics
Peripheral Artery Disease occurs when there is a reduced flow of oxygen-rich blood to the arteries that supply blood to the limbs. This is generally caused by atherosclerosis, a build up of plaque in the arteries. Over time, the plaque hardens, causing the arteries to narrow and limiting blood flow to the limbs. PAD commonly affects the legs, but can also affect the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys, stomach, arms and head. Symptoms of PAD include pain, numbness, cramping or heaviness in the legs during physical activity; erectile dysfunction; lower temperature in one leg over the other; slow or poor healing of wounds in the affected limb; paleness; or reduced nail growth.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Peripheral Artery Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about peripheral artery disease (pad)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed