Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
What Is Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)?
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) - Basics
Peripheral Artery Disease occurs when there is a reduced flow of oxygen-rich blood to the arteries that supply blood to the limbs. This is generally caused by atherosclerosis, a build up of plaque in the arteries. Over time, the plaque hardens, causing the arteries to narrow and limiting blood flow to the limbs. PAD commonly affects the legs, but can also affect the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys, stomach, arms and head. Symptoms of PAD include pain, numbness, cramping or heaviness in the legs during physical activity; erectile dysfunction; lower temperature in one leg over the other; slow or poor healing of wounds in the affected limb; paleness; or reduced nail growth.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Peripheral Artery Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about peripheral artery disease (pad)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14