Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Phobias
What Is Phobias?
Phobias - Basics
A phobia is an extreme fear of a specific object or situation, which in reality, poses little to no threat. Some common phobias include claustrophobia (fear of closed-in spaces), acrophobia (fear of heights) and agoraphobia (fear of situations with no clear escape, such as in crowds). Other phobias include fear of flying, escalators, spiders or snakes, blood, certain driving situations, and many others. When confronted with the phobia, an individual might experience intense anxiety or a panic attack.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for phobias.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Phobias Is Discussed
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Phobias?
Phobias - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for phobias that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with phobias:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Phobias
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Phobias
Gui Pi Wan (Restore the Spleen Formula)
- The formula is used to tonify both the spleen and heart which can be damaged from excessive overthinking, compulsions, etc. along with poor dietary habits and stressful lifestyle.
- Anxiety, phobias, palpitations, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, poor appetite, pallid complexion.
- In women spleen and heart deficiencies may lead to prolonged periods with little flow or early periods, heavier with pale blood.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about phobias? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums