Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What Is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Basics
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder brought on by experiencing a dangerous or terrifying event. This can include military combat, violent assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, and accidents. A person with PTSD may re-experience the traumatic event at times—through dreams or flashbacks—and feel emotionally withdrawn from people to whom he/she was once close. Other symptoms of PTSD include trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, detachment from activities that were once enjoyable, feelings of guilt or anxiety, and difficulty remembering the event. These symptoms can be triggered or exacerbated by certain words, places or situations that remind the person of the traumatic event.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches
- Tiger warmer/ lion warmer