Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What Is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Basics
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder brought on by experiencing a dangerous or terrifying event. This can include military combat, violent assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, and accidents. A person with PTSD may re-experience the traumatic event at times—through dreams or flashbacks—and feel emotionally withdrawn from people to whom he/she was once close. Other symptoms of PTSD include trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, detachment from activities that were once enjoyable, feelings of guilt or anxiety, and difficulty remembering the event. These symptoms can be triggered or exacerbated by certain words, places or situations that remind the person of the traumatic event.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Inflammed cracked calloused feet
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux