Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What Is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Basics
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder brought on by experiencing a dangerous or terrifying event. This can include military combat, violent assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, and accidents. A person with PTSD may re-experience the traumatic event at times—through dreams or flashbacks—and feel emotionally withdrawn from people to whom he/she was once close. Other symptoms of PTSD include trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, detachment from activities that were once enjoyable, feelings of guilt or anxiety, and difficulty remembering the event. These symptoms can be triggered or exacerbated by certain words, places or situations that remind the person of the traumatic event.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions