Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What Is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Basics
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder brought on by experiencing a dangerous or terrifying event. This can include military combat, violent assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, and accidents. A person with PTSD may re-experience the traumatic event at times—through dreams or flashbacks—and feel emotionally withdrawn from people to whom he/she was once close. Other symptoms of PTSD include trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, detachment from activities that were once enjoyable, feelings of guilt or anxiety, and difficulty remembering the event. These symptoms can be triggered or exacerbated by certain words, places or situations that remind the person of the traumatic event.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan