Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What Is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Basics
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder brought on by experiencing a dangerous or terrifying event. This can include military combat, violent assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, and accidents. A person with PTSD may re-experience the traumatic event at times—through dreams or flashbacks—and feel emotionally withdrawn from people to whom he/she was once close. Other symptoms of PTSD include trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, angry outbursts, emotional numbness, detachment from activities that were once enjoyable, feelings of guilt or anxiety, and difficulty remembering the event. These symptoms can be triggered or exacerbated by certain words, places or situations that remind the person of the traumatic event.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons